Handling Dangerous And Defective Product Claims In Pennsylvania.
At Kelly & Herron, P.C. our product liability lawyers fight for compensation for those who have been injured by dangerous products. These type of cases include:
- Dangerous products
- Defective drugs
- Medical devices
- Dangerous toys
- Auto parts such as seatbelts, airbags and tires
- Household items that were improperly designed or negligently manufactured
- Dangerous home furnishings
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A DANGEROUS PRODUCT THAT CAUSES INJURIES:
There are numerous companies in the process of product manufacturing that can be responsible either individually or collectively for your injuries; several parties may share that responsibility:
- Designer. The company which designs a defective product and the flawed design is inherently dangerous
- Manufacturer. If the product was designed safely but there was an error in manufacturing the product before it was sold or used by you. In that case the manufacturer may be responsible under the law
- Distributor. A business that sells or installs the dangerous product when it knows or should know about the potential harm may be found liable
Insufficient safety warnings and instructions may also justify a product liability lawsuit where the product was neither designed, manufactured or distributed negligently. This is as important as the product itself as proper instructions must be provided to the user to be certain that the product is used in a safe and appropriate manner. Failure to provide sufficient warnings and instructions in the use of the product can also make companies responsible for injuries.